The 'On-The-Job' Injury Attorney

What should you do if your employer or their insurance company stops paying you your check while you are on workers compensation?

On Behalf of | Jun 21, 2024 | Workers' Compensation

Your checks may be stopped if your authorized treating doctor releases you back to work on a full duty or limited duty work status. If the doctor releases you, you should contact your employer right away to see if they will be able to bring you back to work and make sure to let the employer know you are willing and ready to come back to work. I recommend you make this return to work request in writing to your employer so you have proof  of your communication with the employer.

I have seen too many times where insurance companies cut off lost wages when the doctor releases injured workers back to work. In these circumstances it is in your best interest to seek the advice and possible representation of a workers’ compensation attorney in order to protect your lost wages.