Sarasota Workers Compensation Lawyer
Call (888) 452-3043 Today For A Free Consultation
The Law Firm of Kevin A Moore is a Sarasota workers compensation law firm helping the victims of workplace accidents. Have you suffered an on the job injury and looking for workers compensation lawyers to help you understand your rights when you have a job injury claim? Our workers compensation attorney is committed to helping you and your family understand your rights in a complex area of law. He has handled thousands of Sarasota workers’ compensation cases for clients over twenty years from cuts and lacerations to catastrophic head injures. He is committed to assisting injured workers and families in order to receive all of the benefits to which they are entitled to receive.
Why You May Need a Workers Comp Lawyer
There are many reasons to get a workers compensation attorney in Sarasota FL, however the bottom line is to get your maximized benefits to secure yourself for the future. Hiring a dedicated workers compensation attorney will give you a much better chance of obtaining the benefits you deserve. A lawyer will communicate with the workers comp insurer on your behalf, gather medical evidence that supports your claim, negotiate a good settlement, and represent you at your workers comp hearing. Below are some of the more frequent reasons you may need a lawyer’s services in getting your maximized benefits.
• If your claim is denied because you filed your claim too late or the insurance company claims your injury wasn’t work related, you will need a workers comp lawyer in Sarasota that can gather evidence and appeal the denial.
• If you have a preexisting injury or condition involving the same body part you injured at your job, you may have difficulties with your insurance company as the insurance company will most likely claim your injury is from a previous condition rather than your work duties. This is especially true if your injury has developed slowly over time, rather than during a single work accident.
• If you are having trouble getting the treatment you need, Kevin Moore can put pressure on the insurance company to approve necessary medical treatments in a timely manner. Insurance companies will often delay or completely deny approving expensive medical treatments, such as surgery.
• If your ability to work has been affected and you are not able to work again, you’ll need to maximize your workers comp benefits and set them up in a way that will last well into the future. Or if you need to change careers, you’ll need to be able to secure training in a new job.
Is a Lawyer Worth the Cost?
At the Law Office of Kevin A. Moore, consultations with you about your workers compensation case are always free of charge. Fees for representation are set by Florida statute and vary, depending on your type of work-related claim. You’re likely to get a much higher settlement offer when a lawyer is involved. Kevin takes the time to clearly explain the complex and frustrating legal process to clients injured in the workplace and works aggressively toward getting them their fair and just compensation. Kevin understands the law, knows how to negotiate, and can use various tools to build your case.
How Long Does it Take To Receive Payment?
Within three weeks of an injury is the earliest an injured worker can expect to receive payments. This is only possible if the injury is immediately reported to the employer. The insurance carrier is required to send payment within 14 days of being notified that a worker has been disabled for more than 7 days. It is important that the injured person keep a record (a dated copy and signed acknowledgment) of their injury notification to their employer.
Don’t Wait to Report an Injury
You need to report the accident as soon as possible if you’ve suffered from an injury at work in Sarasota. Worker’s comp coverage is intended to pay for most reasonable and necessary medical care related to your on-the-job injury. You may also be entitled to compensation for lost wages and/or, depending on the type of your injury, you may be entitled to retraining. “As soon as possible” is interpreted as occurring within 30 days of one of: the date of the injury, the date when the injury’s effects first become apparent, or the date when a medical expert first discovers the injury. Failing to meet this deadline could threaten your right to benefits.
Our Workers Compensation Law Firm Represents You
If you’re unable to reach a settlement, your case proceeds to an administrative hearing or trial before a workers comp judge. During the discovery process (investigation), your attorney may take depositions of witnesses, request your medical records, perform legal research, write your “pleadings” (motions, petitions, and responses to the insurance company), and make sure that everything is submitted on time. At the hearing, your lawyer will present why you should get benefits to the judge, make opening and closing arguments, examine witnesses, and raise objections when the insurance company does something considered improper. If you’re not satisfied by the result of your hearing, your Sarasota lawyer can help you appeal the decision.
Kevin Moore knows that the injured often have problems getting to an attorney’s office; that is why, wherever you live in Florida, he will come to you!
Call today for a free consultation! 888-452-3043
Call today for a free consultation! (888) 452-3043
Workers Comp Lawyer Sarasota FL
Kevin has handled thousands of workers’ compensation cases for clients over twenty years from cuts and lacerations to catastrophic head injures. He is committed to assisting injured workers and families in navigating this complicated area of law in order to receive all of the benefits to which they are entitled to receive.
He has extensive experience in all facets of Sarasota workers’ compensation law and have earned a reputation as a dominant lawyer in the courtroom. He represents injured workers and families in workers compensation cases throughout Sarasota.
What do workers compensation lawyers Sarasota FL do?
Workers compensation is a benefit that is available to nearly all employees who suffer an injury that arose out of and in the course of their employment. Kevin represents injured employees and workers that have been injured while on the job in Sarasota. When employees are hurt or injured while performing their duties at work, there is a specialized area of legislation referred to as workers compensation law that governs from whom and how much an injured employee can recover.
Why This Is The Sarasota Workers Compensation Law Firm That Works For You
- Kevin has handled thousands of workers’ compensation cases for clients over the past 13 years.
- He is committed to assisting injured workers and families in cutting through the red tape to get all the benefits they’re entitled to receive.
- He has extensive experience in all facets of workers’ compensation law and has earned a reputation as a dominant lawyer in the courtroom.
- He represents injured workers and families in cases throughout the state.
- Call (888) 452-3043 for our workers compensation attorneys Sarasota FL.