Workers Compensation Lawyers in Lakeland FL
Call (813) 254-3516 Today For A Free Consultation
The Law Firm of Kevin A Moore is a workers compensation law firm in Lakeland FL helping the victims of workplace accidents. Have you suffered an on the job injury and looking for workers compensation lawyers to help you understand your rights when you have a job injury claim? Florida workers’ compensation laws can be overwhelming, but our workers compensation attorney is committed to helping you and your family understand your rights in a complex area of law. He has handled thousands of Lakeland workers’ compensation cases for clients over twenty years from cuts and lacerations to catastrophic head injures. He is committed to assisting injured workers and families in order to receive all of the benefits to which they are entitled to receive. Call Kevin A. Moore today; your workers compensation lawyer in Lakeland FL.
Don’t Wait to Report an Injury
You need to report the accident as soon as possible if you’ve suffered from an injury at work in Lakeland. Worker’s comp coverage is intended to pay for the most reasonable and necessary medical care related to your on-the-job injury. You may also be entitled to compensation for lost wages and/or, depending on the type of your injury, you may be entitled to retraining. “As soon as possible” is interpreted as occurring within 30 days of one of: the date of the injury, the date when the injury’s effects first become apparent, or the date when a medical expert first discovers the injury. Failing to meet this deadline could threaten your right to benefits.
What’s an Impairment Rating?
We’ll work hard to get you the best workers’ compensation impairment rating settlement. Your Florida impairment rating is a number that the doctor assigns to your injury. An impairment rating is meant to be the percentage of injury that you have to that part of your body. If a medical impairment rating is less than 50 percent, the worker is considered to have a partial disability, which may mean they are eligible to return to work in some capacity. If a worker has a permanent, total disability, they will usually get disability payments for a certain amount of time through workers’ compensation insurance.
Contact us today for more about Workers’ compensation permanent partial disability.
How Long Does it Take To Receive Payment?
Within three weeks of an injury is the earliest an injured worker can expect to receive payments. This is only possible if the injury is immediately reported to the employer. The insurance carrier is required to send payment within 14 days of being notified that a worker has been disabled for more than 7 days. It is important that the injured person keep a record (a dated copy and signed acknowledgment) of their injury notification to their employer.
Why You May Need a Workers Comp Lawyer
There are many reasons to get a workers compensation attorney in Lakeland FL, however the bottom line is to get your maximized benefits to secure yourself for the future. Hiring a dedicated workers compensation attorney will give you a much better chance of obtaining the benefits you deserve. A lawyer will communicate with the workers comp insurer on your behalf, gather medical evidence that supports your claim, negotiate a good settlement, and represent you at your workers comp hearing. Below are some of the more frequent reasons you may need a lawyer’s services in getting your maximized benefits.
• If you have a preexisting injury or condition involving the same body part you injured at your job, you may have difficulties with your insurance company as the insurance company will most likely claim your injury is from a previous condition rather than your work duties. This is especially true if your injury has developed slowly over time, rather than during a single work accident.
• If your claim is denied because you filed your claim too late or the insurance company claims your injury wasn’t work related, you will need a workers comp lawyer in Lakeland that can gather evidence and appeal the denial.
• If your ability to work has been affected and you are not able to work again, you’ll need to maximize your workers comp benefits and set them up in a way that will last well into the future. Or if you need to change careers, you’ll need to be able to secure training in a new job.
• If you are having trouble getting the treatment you need, Kevin Moore can put pressure on the insurance company to approve necessary medical treatments in a timely manner. Insurance companies will often delay or completely deny approving expensive medical treatments, such as surgery.
Is a Lawyer Worth the Cost?
At the Law Office of Kevin A. Moore, consultations with you about your workers compensation case are always free of charge. Fees for representation by workers compensation lawyers are set by Florida statute and vary, depending on your type of work-related claim. You’re likely to get a much higher settlement offer when a lawyer is involved. Kevin takes the time to clearly explain the complex and frustrating legal process to clients injured in the workplace and works aggressively toward getting them their fair and just workers’ compensation settlement. Kevin understands the law, knows how to negotiate, and can use various tools to build your case. Call Kevin A. Moore today, your workers compensation lawyer in Palm Harbor FL
Workers Comp Lawyer Lakeland FL
Kevin has handled thousands of workers’ compensation cases for clients over twenty years from cuts and lacerations to catastrophic head injures. He is committed to assisting injured workers and families in navigating this complicated area of law in order to receive all of the benefits to which they are entitled to receive.
He has extensive experience in all facets of Lakeland workers’ compensation law and have earned a reputation as a dominant lawyer in the courtroom. He represents injured workers and families in workers compensation cases throughout Lakeland.
What do workers compensation lawyers Lakeland FL do?
Workers compensation is a benefit that is available to nearly all employees who suffer an injury that arose out of and in the course of their employment. Kevin represents injured employees and workers that have been injured while on the job in Lakeland. When employees are hurt or injured while performing their duties at work, there is a specialized area of legislation referred to as workers compensation law that governs from whom and how much an injured employee can recover.
Why This Is The Lakeland Workers Compensation Law Firm That Works For You
- Kevin has handled thousands of workers’ compensation cases for clients over the past 13 years.
- He is committed to assisting injured workers and families in cutting through the red tape to get all the benefits they’re entitled to receive.
- He has extensive experience in all facets of workers’ compensation law and has earned a reputation as a dominant lawyer in the courtroom.
- He represents injured workers and families in cases throughout the state.
- Call (813) 254-3516 for our workers compensation attorneys Lakeland FL.
Our Workers Compensation Law Firm Represents You
If you’re unable to reach a settlement, your case proceeds to an administrative hearing or trial before a workers comp judge. During the discovery process (investigation), your attorney may take depositions of witnesses, request your medical records, perform legal research, write your “pleadings” (motions, petitions, and responses to the insurance company), and make sure that everything is submitted on time. At the hearing, your lawyer will present why you should get benefits to the judge, make opening and closing arguments, examine witnesses, and raise objections when the insurance company does something considered improper. If you’re not satisfied by the result of your hearing, your Lakeland lawyer can help you appeal the decision.
Kevin Moore knows that the injured often have problems getting to a workers compensation law firm; that is why, wherever you live in Florida, he will come to you!
For the best top rated workers’ comp lawyers near you, contact Kevin and see what your case is worth. Call today for a free consultation! 813-254-3516